How do you introduce new songs to your band’s setlist? This is a pretty loaded question, it turns out, and your two favorite weekend warriors chat through this. Seems it might even need some kind of intentional process, especially if you want new songs to enter your band’s top 10.
Mothballs might be involved. And you’ll need to learn about The Final 45. Dave certainly did, and thankfully Paul was there to help! Press play and enjoy!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 222 – Tuesday, August 13, 2019
- 00:01:57 Podcast Movement and Dave’s Steve Jobs Story
- 00:05:36 Adding New Songs
- The Dangling Participle
- 00:10:24 The creativity of a cover band
- 00:11:51 Bringing a song into your A-List
- Break Glass in Case of Emergency
- 00:16:56 SPONSOR: Mint Mobile. Cut your wireless bill to just $15 per month at MintMobile.com/GigGab
- 00:19:09 What do you look for in a tune?
- 00:26:00 There are so many great songs
- 00:31:26 Giving a song a fair shake
- 00:37:04 What works for your band
- 00:46:04 The Final 45
- 00:51:51 GG 222 Outtro