Contract riders have the stigma of being reserved for only the über-elite – and über-pompous – bands. The reality is, though, that riders can be very useful and helpful devices in ensuring not only a great performance, but a smoother gig-day experience for everyone. Listen as Paul and Dave talk through their favorite rider items, and why they have them.
There’s more, including the legendary Fling Eagle story, but you’ll have to listen to find out more about that!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 224 – Tuesday, September 3, 2019
- 00:01:06 Los Gatos Park Dance
- 00:10:17 The Importance of On-Stage Visual Contact
- 00:19:16 SPONSOR: CHAUVET DJ. Don’t just rock…rock in the spotlight with CHAUVET DJ!
- 00:23:21 What should be in Your Rider?
- [email protected]
- Price and Terms (Prepayment, Post-payment, deposit)
- Water (24 bottles)
- Stage, size, electrical requirements (how many 20A circuits do you need?)
- Is the stage covered?
- Meals (enough for band and crew!)
- Extra stagehands (loading help)
- Green room
- Cards Against Humanity
- Bar privileges
- Find out about stairs/floors
- Lights (stagewash)
- SIR Equipment Rental
- 00:39:44 Bohemian Rhapsody – The Movie
- 00:48:43 GG224 Outtro