Two questions to start: How do you handle not-currently-in-use vocal mics? And when you setup on stage, do you make sure everyone can see each other without turning around?
That’s how this Gig Gab episode starts, folks, and then it evolves, winding up with a dissection of having your audience help you choose the right songs for them, and how to decide upon the best interpretation of those songs.
Listen as Paul and Dave, your two favorite weekend warriors, dig through all of this and more, including some feedback from you, dear listeners. After all, Gig Gab is a conversation at it’s core, and you are very much a part of it! Press play… and enjoy.
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 240 – Tuesday, January 21, 2020
- 00:01:14 Sean-239-Song Selection and Satisfaction
- 00:12:05 Beware muting vox
- 00:17:40 Stage layout with no less than 90-degree head turns
- 00:22:58 What are the right songs for our desired audience?
- 00:32:30 Do we play it like the record?
- 00:51:04 More Fistbumps Less Handshakes
- 00:52:20 GG 240