How do your fans feel? Do you know? If not, what can you do to find out? Well, Paul and Dave talk through all of this and more. The good news is you can be a fan now, too, and learn what it feels like when someone asks you to tip or share or visit or more. And you can apply that compassion to crafting your own fan environment. Are tips the right answer? Or are subscriptions a better model? Listen as your two favorite weekend warriors talk this through.
The bookends to this weeks show are tech tips, first about recording techniques, lastly about streaming. Listen as Paul and Dave share the new things they’ve learned about this week. Remember, always be performing!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 253 – Monday, April 20, 2020
- 00:00:51 Spending time in the studio, recording, mixing, and learning!
- 00:11:52 Managing fans’ expectations: streams, tipping, engagement
- Tips vs. Subscriptions
- Artists are fans, too, now.
- We can experience, but we can learn.
- Sam Eigen – https://www.facebook.com/sam.eigen.14
- 00:42:54 When will it be normal? (as if we know!)
- 00:44:00 Live Streaming Tech Support
- 00:49:14 GG 253 Outtro