With David Shanhun, his smooth vocals and articulate guitar work are what you hear, but under the surface is an equal masterpiece of David’s looping and arrangements.
It doesn’t stop there: David has taken his fantastic YouTube channel and begun using it to help teach other musicians how to integrate looping into their performances, increasing everyone’s game.
Join us today to learn more about David, hear some looping tips, and some great stories, to boot!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 262 – Monday, June 29, 2020
- 00:01:04 David Shanhun
- 00:07:13 Focusing on serving Musicians as your audience
- 00:09:37 The amateur competition
- 00:11:32 David’s “Englishman in New York”
- 00:16:03 All loops are live… even when things go south!
- 00:18:13 Mistakes are opportunities
- 00:21:12 Paul David’s Looping Tutorial
- 00:22:02 David Shanhun’s Looping Community
- 00:24:42 Being a Loop Artist
- Monitoring a Looper
- Headrush Looper Board
- 00:31:00 Making videos… For a living!
- 00:33:17 Using Final Cut’s Channel EQ
- 00:35:20 Tip: When recording multi-track, add an ambient mic!
- And bring socks!
- 00:39:31 Back to Gigs in New Zealand?
- 00:44:07 GG 262 Outtro
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 46:29 — 32.4MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More