Keeping your band in sync is never an easy thing, and everyone knows it. Perhaps the most important thing is to make sure you’re all on the same page, and that doesn’t mean “like every other band.” It just means, “like this band.” Really it just means you all need to be approximately the same amount of crazy to make it work. Paul and Dave talk through and develop this realization, and share some examples of where to apply it.
That’s not all, though, because gear gab is back, especially for people using in-ear monitors. You’ll want to hear the segment about cables there, for sure.
Discussions about subbing and managing multiple guitarists and, yes, a little bit about the pandemic affecting gigs, too. All this and more… press play, and always be performing!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 266 – Monday, July 27, 2020
- 00:12:07 Ultimate Ears SL Replacement Cable — $20, free shipping on Amazon
- Ultimate Ears Pro SL Official (it’s better!)
- 00:16:32 Entering a new scene
- 00:23:41 Keeping The Bookings In-Sync
- Is Everyone The Same Level of Crazy?
- 00:31:14 Music Compatibility: Two guitars
- 00:35:36 Subbing for Tough Gigs
- 00:48:11 GG 266 Outtro