One of the silver linings of our current reality is appreciating some of the things we might have taken for granted in the past. Playing music for the love of it certainly tastes a lot sweeter today than it did six months ago, and Dave and Paul talk through some of the current and future benefits of that.
Of course, it’s not Gig Gab without some practical advice, and Dave shares his experience — and thoughts about — interacting with a sound engineer for the first time. Then it’s on to streaming, Facebook, and more. Press play and you’ll hear it all!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 271 – Monday, September 14, 2020
- 00:00:53 The Opportunity to Rock!
- 00:06:50 The sound engineer negotiation
- Offer help, build trust
- Ask if what you need is possible
- 00:10:35 Every pro engineer: The vocals question!
- 00:15:04 Monitors: Survival or Spoiled?
- 00:20:41 Playing Music for the love of it
- Covid brings that?
- 00:33:26 Facebook Isn’t Banning You, But You Should Move Anyway
- 00:51:36 GG 271 Outtro