Is your band dynamic is a family dynamic? Or is it a business-only relationship? How does that work out? These are the questions that Paul and Dave not only discuss, but percolate throughout as they go through a few other topics, too.
Of course, your two favorite weekend warriors spend a few minutes sharing their Eddie Van Halen stories and memories, too. He was—and remains—a legend.
Press play, and don’t forget: Always Be Performing!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 275 – Monday, October 12, 2020
- 00:01:38 CSF-Music Rebalance now an ARA 2.0 plug-in in Logic
- 00:06:47 Remembering Eddie
- 00:19:42 Houserockers (Rhythm Section) Rehearsal
- 00:30:37 Make your band a familiy
- 00:35:39 Always Be Asking Questions
- 00:39:22 Female Singer for Weddings Only
- 00:49:31 Gig Gab Podcast 275 Outtro
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 51:26 — 36.4MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More
Sean Kabanuk · October 20, 2020 at 11:47 am
Thanks for the EVH tribute. Eddie had a huge influence on me as a young musician (and I’m a keyboard player 🙂 )
Tip for finding the downbeat on the Jump guitar solo: Listen to the keyboard line!
Dave Hamilton · October 20, 2020 at 12:04 pm
Glad you liked it, Sean! And I will have to re-listen with the keyboard line in mind. I’m usually so focused on hitting those weird accents on the cymbals and counting that I’m not sure what the right move is! LOL
Dave Hamilton · June 9, 2021 at 1:01 pm
Hey, Sean! So sorry I missed this months ago when it came in, my friend. Your tip on finding the downbeat… I’m gonna use that!! 🙂