We’ve spent time learning our instruments, which means we’ve spent time learning how to learn. Now, where will we apply that knowledge and skill? Presumably we’ll keep studying our instruments, but what else can we learn? How about applying this ability to learn to crafting and improving our stage shows? How about our band management? Listen as Paul and Dave have a little jam session on this topic for you today. You never know where your two favorite weekend warriors are going to take things… unless you press play right now!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 278 – Monday, November 2, 2020
- 00:01:42 Managing the flow of music into — and out of — Dave’s Head!
- 00:08:41 Playing music interactively with humans
- The art of learning your instrument never stops
- 00:12:38 The concept of Sitzprobe vs. Rehearsal
- Why Not Rehearse What Will happen on Stage?
- 00:23:44 Steve-277-Beware Your Own Complacency
- 00:28:25 Know Your Reputation
- 00:35:54 GG 278 Outtro