When can you buy off-brand gear and still get the quality you need without breaking the bank? Paul and Dave talk about a few experiments they’ve recently performed and their results with not-the-name-brand stuff.
Paul added a little Frank to his set recently, and it opens up a conversation about how to approach collaboration, in general. As Paul says, “a band is an exercise in compromise.”
Lastly, Dave’s played a few gigs recently which have expanded his thinking about approaching your in-ear monitor mix, and he shares those tips with Paul and all of you. Have your own tips? Share ’em with your two favorite weekend warriors at [email protected] and they’ll read ’em on the next episode!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 306 – Tuesday, June 1, 2021
- 00:06:25 Behringer B906 Guitar cabinet mic ($57 on Amazon as of show date)
- 00:14:33 SPONSOR: Upstart. Whether it’s paying off credit cards, consolidating high-interest debt, or funding personal expenses, Upstart looks at more than your credit score and can offer you smarter rates with trusted partners. Visit Upstart.com/GIGGAB today to learn more.
- 00:16:09 Adding a little Frank!
- 00:19:11 The All Blues Gig
- A Band is an Exercise in Compromise
- 00:33:32 More ears tricks
- Remove the wedges
- Add some reverb
- 00:39:50 GG 306
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 44:42 — 31.3MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More