Working with different sound teams can always be a struggle, even when they’re the best in the business. How do you communicate with them? How do you know they’re listening? How do you convey your point without being annoying? These are just some of the questions that come up as Paul and Dave talk through their more recent gigs.
Then it’s on to setups and getting your band — and your individual instruments — to sound good in the rooms you play. How much thought are you putting into that, and how are you addressing it on the fly?
All this and more here on Gig Gab… press play and, don’t forget: Always Be Performing!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 316 – Monday, August 23, 2021
- 00:01:17 Gig Setup Time
- Your Band Needs a Brown M&M Clause
- Dan Meblin on Gig Gab
- 00:24:20 SPONSOR: Ultimate Ears Pro. To celebrate the return of live music, Ultimate Ears is offering listeners huge discounts with their HEAR IT LIVE Promotion. UE LIVE gets $500 OFF, UE18+ $400 OFF, and UE11 $300 OFF. Offer ends on 9/13.
- 00:25:51 Upcoming Fling gig — first with all-ears, first with all sans amp, first since November 9, 2019.
- 00:31:51 Bitter Pill band rehearsal amidst a string of gigs
- 00:33:32 A Strategic Look Into Money and Value
- 00:39:21 Blending your instrument’s sound in the room
- 00:44:49 In-Ear Tips
- 00:46:52 GG 316