Have you ever stopped to think about what it would take to put together a Tribute band? Bruce Hilton of “Being Petty” did, and with the right people, the right ideas, and a lot of intention it can work out amazingly well.
Listen as Bruce shares his ideas and gives us all some lessons we can apply regardless of whether we’re in a tribute band, cover band, original band, or something else entirely!
Press play and enjoy, and remember: always be performing!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 353 – Monday, August 8th, 2022
- Nerd Culture
- 00:02:24 Featured Guest: Bruce Hilton from Being Petty, Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers Tribute Experience
- The Digbees, with TV and Film placements
- All Together Now, Beatles Cover Band
- Hilton Park Band
- 00:05:30 The Origins of Being Petty
- 00:09:45 The Marketing of a Tribute Band
- Leveraging The Proximity Clause
- Not Into Excuses
- Deadlines Are Great Motivators
- 00:14:10 Preparing a Band with Intention
- 00:20:02 Beyond The Music: Gear
- 00:23:48 The Music Studio or Live?
- 00:26:14 The Visuals
- 00:29:18 The Mannerisms and Banter
- 00:32:30 Singers vs. Vocalists
- 00:35:28 Bullheaded Persistence
- 00:41:17 GG 353 Outtro
- Bruce Hilton from Being Petty
- [email protected]
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 45:12 — 31.7MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More