Dive deep with Andy Swanson of Alclair In Ears as he takes you on a sonic journey, discussing these high-quality, affordable custom IEMs. Feel the passion of playing in the gaps, the lessons from Andy’s leap into the corporate world at big names like Nintendo, and the importance of sharing music with the next generation.
Uncover the ins and outs of Alclair’s premium earpieces, from the deep resonating CMVK to the versatile Spire. And for all the tech-savvy, there’s a treat about EQing rooms for that perfect Gospel and R&B sound, the magic of ear impressions versus scans, and a deep dive into the world of audio drivers.
In your musical journey, remember to “Always Be Performing”. Whether you’re on stage or just sharing a tune, let your performance be your signature.
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 401 – Monday, October 30th, 2023
- 00:02:19 Andy Swanson from Alclair In Ears
- Rap with Aerosmith to The Beastie Boys
- Primus’s Les Claypool
- Flea (“Give it away now”)
- Robert Trujllo (from Metallica and Infectious Grooves)
- 00:07:07 Playing the spaces to create the feel
- 00:09:32 Diving into the Corporate World…and back
- Producer at Nintendo
- Digital Audio Labs
- 00:11:55 Sharing music with your kids
- 00:16:12 Alclair In Ears
- 00:28:37 Comparing Dual-Driver units
- 00:31:02 EQing a room for Gospel and R&B with High-Pass and Low-Pass filters
- 00:32:16 Compare Sounds
- 00:35:21 SPONSOR: Bandzoogle — Listeners can go to Bandzoogle.com to try it free for 30 days, and use the promo code “giggabpod” to get 15% off the first year of any subscription.
- ST3 (Triple Driver) – $549
- 00:37:06 Impressions vs. Ear scans
- 00:58:11 Drivers: Types and Numbers
- Balanced Armature
- Dynamic Drivers
- Spire (four low, one mid, one high)
- 01:07:42 GG 401 Outtro