Do you and your bandmates ever feel competitive with one another? Channeled the right way, that healthy competition can make for excellent performances and music from your band. Paul and Dave talk through this a bit, but first it’s all about the energy. Sometimes the crowd feeds you first, and sometimes you have to feed the crowd first. How do you do it?
Recently, Dave went on an audition. Hear him and Paul talk about the preparation process and also the things you can do in-the-moment to make sure everyone involved knows what they’re getting.
Lastly, sorry about the audio issues in the last few minutes of the show. Listen and… you’ll understand. Oh, and thanks. 🙂
- 00:00:00 GigGab 106 – Monday, March 13, 2017
- 00:01:04 You can’t wait for the energy to start!
- 00:03:54 Opening up for a DJ
- 00:05:57 Relaying a “studio song” in a live setting
- 00:09:05 Audition time!
- 00:18:19 Horns
- 00:20:42 Developing that Internal Competition to Entertain!
- 00:30:18 Most important factor: rocking out!