Paul and Dave take the opportunity today to dig a little deeper into a few topics they’ve mentioned recently. First, though, it’s a discussion about your pack-up routine. Everyone’s got one… and everyone’s a little bit different! Then it’s that ever-lasting discussion about having the right bandmates… and keeping them. A band is at its most fragile when personnel changes are afoot, and that’s the time you need to provide the most care and attention. Finally, your two favorite weekend warriors talk through the on-stage language of music… and how that can easily be misinterpreted without some attention!
- 00:00:00 GigGab 111 – Monday, April 17, 2017
- 00:02:34 Pack-up Routine
- 00:05:21 Trusting your bandmates on stage
- 00:11:44 Finding the same musical dictionary
- 00:14:12 Auditioning new members
- 00:17:42 The fragility of changing personnel
- 00:23:58 What is your band’s business model?
- 00:30:43 On-stage hand signals