Sometimes you have to cancel a gig. It happens. How do you deal with it? Your two favorite weekend warriors talk through the realities associated with it. Then it’s time to talk about renegotiating an existing gig. How can you do it? What’s the protocol? Is it OK? Paul and Dave muse on this and discover some answers for you! But first… it’s about tasty harmonies (literally) and hydration. Press play and enjoy!
- 00:00:00 GigGab 124 – Monday, July 24, 2017
- 00:00:59 Paul’s now-annual All-Star gig
- 00:03:53 Acoustic trio
- 00:06:14 Mad Haus!
- 00:09:20 Players Play!
- 00:11:00 Managing hydration
- 00:12:26 Canceling a gig
- 00:16:48 You’re running a business
- 00:19:23 Dave unintentionally furthers the stereotypical lazy musician!
- 00:20:38 Your word is part of your brand
- 00:21:26 The flipside of making your commitment
- 00:26:40 GigGab’s first baseball analogy
- 00:29:34 Honor your commitments … and Renegotiate!
- 00:31:55 Fair is fair, but work together for mutual benefit.
- 00:33:47 GG 124 Outtro
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 34:15 — 16.1MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More
Anders Thor · September 5, 2017 at 2:03 am
Hey there, new listener from Sweden here.
Literally minutes after i hung up the phone after having to cancel my bands gig on my nephews wedding party this show pops up in my pod-flow.
Reasons for the cancellation: members being unable to make it because life happens. There was (obviously) no money involved and I feel bad for them having to re-think their evening. (We’re just an amateur band playing for fun, all members have full-time jobs, commutes and families)
Thanks for a brilliant podcast about live performances and that kind of life. I’ve been looking for something like this for a while.
Will listen through your whole back catalog, really like your vibe.