Paul and Dave talk through what happens when you spend some social capital and air your dirty laundry… because Paul did this recently … and so did Dave! What are the risks, what are the rewards, and what are the unintended consequences? Listen as your two favorite weekend warriors chat it through!
- 00:00:00 GigGab 137 – Monday, October 23, 2017
- 00:00:41 Petty Show
- 00:02:54 Find a concept, and then don’t oversaturate it!
- 00:04:27 Building your brand around a meta concept
- 00:09:14 Promoting your band on Facebook
- PK Music on Facebook
- 00:10:58 Paul’s post about a venue not being cool
- 00:16:34 Spending social capital
- 00:18:06 Everybody loves Dirty Laundry. Right?
- 00:20:25 Just a warning, not a condemnation
- 00:26:48 Do you need the gig?
- 00:27:41 Ask for payment structure before the gig
- 00:30:14 The benefit of the doubt… only goes so far.
- 00:31:40 Email vs. Voice
- 00:35:00 Would you play with a musician that took a gig there?
- 00:38:16 “I don’t do it for the money”
- 00:38:53 A carefully-measured response
- 00:40:50 Who should your emotions communicate with?
- 00:43:47 GG 137 Outtro
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 44:12 — 20.5MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More