Sometimes that person in the crowd that wants to sit-in can be awesome… sometimes they can be awFUL. How do you tell which it’s going to be? Listen to Paul and Dave share some war stories and advice. Then it’s on to answering a question about Facebook and marketing and more. And, in the middle, Dave talks about a new toy for drummers who want to add some sounds and feels to their acoustic kits. Press play, download, and enjoy! Always be performing!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 145 – Monday, December 18, 2017
- 00:01:03 Christmas Eve Gigs… and Christmas Gigs!
- 00:03:29 Full drums in a duo!
- 00:05:59 Sound guy in the crowd
- 00:07:42 Letting someone else on stage
- 00:09:25 The style of a sit-in
- 00:13:20 Two musicians connecting
- 00:14:54 Don’t change out the drummer mid-gig
- 00:17:26 “Never ‘Eff’ With a Winning Streak”
- 00:18:25 Sit-ins are a social construct
- 00:21:37 Yamaha EAD10 & DT50S
- 00:28:11 Lewis-The value of Facebook vs Mailing Lists
- “Marketing is all about getting impressions in front of people’s eyes”
- 00:37:33 Coasters with your band name
- 00:40:49 Learn to focus your marketing
- 00:47:25 Controlling your marketing destiny
- 00:57:37 GG 145 Outtro