Sometimes you gain experience, sometimes you get to shuffle, and sometimes you get both.
Oh, also, sometimes you get neither. It’s life, man. That’s how it goes.
This week, Paul and Dave – your two favorite weekend warriors – have many stories to tell. Paul’s band opened up for Eddie Money this weekend, Dave had a rainout, and you might be surprised that these two guys talk about Phish in a way that will likely apply to all musicians. Or, well, all shuffling musicians.
We promise you’ll have at least as much fun listening as we did making the episode. Press play and enjoy!
Chapters and Timestamps:
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 176 – Monday, August 6, 2018
- 00:01:10 Big music week
- 00:02:23 Opened for Eddie Money
- 00:04:54 The learning experience of Buying Price vs. Selling Price
- 00:06:07 Red flags and contract law
- 00:09:12 You can’t touch the board
- 00:11:01 Learning the board!
- 00:14:16 Show day!
- 00:18:28 Downbeat.
- 00:20:06 The decision to go long!
- 00:22:08 It’s over.
- 00:23:37 The telltale accent!
- 00:26:03 Pay me!
- 00:27:37 It’s about the experience
- 00:29:50 Managing the energy
- 00:33:09 Vanity songs that the crowd knows
- 00:36:26 Interpretations of the Shuffle
- 00:40:17 It’s not just the drummer… everybody shuffles!
- 00:46:21 GG 176 Outtro