This week, your two favorite working musicians dig into the now-overflowing mailbag and share your thoughts and questions with the audience. Hear Kevin’s thoughts about having your own, band-specific, portable monitor rack, DK’s thoughts about the Soundcraft Ui24R, and Martin’s question about mixing politics and music.
Paul and Dave talk through all of these with you, of course, and then share some of their own thoughts as well. Have you had band photos taken recently? What image do you think they convey? What image do they actually convey? Be honest… you know everyone else will!
Listen for more. Press play and enjoy. And remember… A.B.P.!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 198 – Monday, January 28, 2019
- 00:00:59 Hedwig Debrief
- 00:07:19 Updating Band Photos
- 00:15:49 Dan Meblin from Pop Fiction on Gig Gab
- 00:22:24 Thinking about costuming from various distances
- 00:25:56 SPONSOR: ExpressVPN – ExpressVPN.com/GIGGAB gets you 3 months free with your 1-year subscription
- 00:28:31 Kevin-197-Have Your Own Monitor Rack
- 00:33:32 Stage volume vs. In-ears
- 00:35:01 DK-196-Soundcraft Ui24R feedback
- 00:39:49 Martin-196-The downsides of mixing politics and fans
- 00:46:23 Unintended consequences
- 00:53:47 GG 198