Listener Sean brings us back to the marketing table asking how best to make that very first contact with a potential club to play. Paul’s the experienced one here, and he leads us all through a great lesson on how best to make that work.
It seems we’re all now members of the blackout generation, at least in terms of generating power during blackouts. Dave shares some of his tips about powering your band through a power outage, as both he and Paul have needed to do lately!
And, of course, there are all of your favorite gig-related stories. It’s amazing how much stuff happens at “normal” shows, isn’t it? We love it. After all, that’s what makes Gig Gab exist!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 231- Monday, October 28, 2019
- 00:01:04 Holiday Gigs
- 00:04:24 “Do you think we’d be good for that venue?”
- 00:10:56 Member of the Blackout Generation
- 00:13:19 Paul Simon Tribute
- 00:18:41 Little Feat Listeners!
- 00:24:11 Standers vs. Sitters
- 00:25:57 Generation Revisited
- 00:28:49 Adding Songs on-the-fly
- 00:34:26 Client vs. Venue vs. Band
- 00:40:43 Sean-Making initial contact with a club?
- GigGab 148 about Selling your Band
- Go in Person First.
- Be a customer.
- Relationships are a non-zero sum game.
- 00:56:48 GG 231 Outtro