What do you do to ensure you’re always able to entertain an audience? Performing is great, but entertaining is the goal.
Listen as your two favorite weekend warriors talk through this from a few different angles, both as performers and as audience members. Spoiler alert: it’s not just about the songs you select!
Then Dave shares a few aspects of his recent SXSW experience with Paul and all of you, too. Some interesting bands — and band names! — come up, as well as some stories about masterful logistics.
Press play and enjoy…and always be performing! And entertaining!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 377 – Monday, March 20th, 2023
- 00:01:00 Shows to a Click: Keith Urban vs. New Order
- 00:11:17 The Zombies
- 00:15:04 Staying Power of Music
- 00:17:48 The Paul O’Kent Experience…Entertains!
- Always Be Performing!
- 00:24:49 SPONSOR: Capo is the app that gives you song-learning super-powers. In addition to letting you slow-down and loop sections of songs, capo lifts chords, detects beats, and MUCH more. Visit CapoApp.com from SuperMegaUltraGroovy today.
- 00:26:53 PODCAST: Unstarving Musician — Listen as Robonzohelps independent musicians better understand the marketing, business and creative processes that empower us to make music and make a living doing it.
- 00:27:36 Other Notable SXSW Bands
- 00:35:38 SXSW Twenty Minute Changeovers
- “Can I have more guitar in the monitor”
- “Get your tone and leave it alone”
- 00:43:41 SXSW Add Motion to Your Show. If it’s not you, it’s the lights
- 00:46:17 GG 377 Outtro