A big part of performing live music involves engaging with the crowd. The better you can do that, the better your band will do in a general sense. But there’s a cost… what happens when that one member of the crowd goes too far? What happens when they see the relationship as more than just performer-and-audience member? What happens when they think that you’re friends?
Your two favorite weekend warriors, Paul Kent and Dave Hamilton, talk through this and more here on Gig Gab this week. Press play… and enjoy!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 180 – Tuesday, September 4, 2018
- 00:00:45 Using failure to level set
- 00:03:43 Paul’s Party in the Park
- 00:04:26 Evolving your own events
- 00:06:15 Sensitive to reputation
- 00:07:11 Proper planning leads to…
- 00:08:21 …Good Vibe!
- 00:09:07 But… one more thing!
- 00:10:12 When a fan has an agenda
- 00:12:14 Fans distracting your focus
- 00:13:49 How to handle the over-reaching fan
- 00:16:30 Notice the clench!
- 00:18:16 Fan is rooted in “fanatic”
- 00:19:50 Billy Joel: Don’t take any shit from anyone
- 00:20:57 Will you play for racists?
- 00:25:20 Ryan (not Bryan) Adams, the father of alt country
- 00:28:23 Know who you are?
- 00:32:17 Do you need closure?
- 00:37:11 Managing the relationship
- 00:40:12 GG Outtro