When is it time to buck the traditional flow of a party or wedding gig and do something a little different? When you have a better idea, that’s when! Dave attended a wedding this weekend and learned quite a few new things just by being a guest.
Paul’s got a club relationship that’s going sideways (and down in pay!) and he and Dave talk through all this and more on this week’s Gig Gab!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 181 – Monday, September 10, 2018
- 00:02:33 Flow of the evening.
- 00:07:38 Event planning … Advanced!
- 00:09:33 Hour-by-hour pacing
- 00:13:35 When playing those 3 songs
- 00:16:23 Dave’s first dance: “Suspicious Minds”
- 00:18:06 Paul’s first dance: “Nobody Loves Me Like You Do”
- 00:20:00 Wedding guests
- 00:21:07 Different types of weddings
- 00:22:11 When the energy in the room … isn’t there.
- 00:23:14 What’s going to happen next?
- 00:24:00 Deciding to back off the throttle
- 00:25:30 Everyone on in-ears
- 00:27:00 Get the speeches right!
- 00:30:52 It Sounds Better with a Clean Stage
- 00:33:35 The Gig That Went Sideways
- 00:38:29 Adapting to a new pay structure
- 00:41:03 When do you walk?
- 00:43:15 Conversation as negotiation
- 00:46:30 GG 181 Outtro
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 47:47 — 33.4MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More