Paul and Dave start today’s show with a detour about… playing live! Sure, we can’t do this right now, but that means now is a great time to stop and think about some of the more overlooked aspects of your live show and setup. We’re out of the grind of playing every week (or every night), sure, and that allows us the gift of perspective. What things about our live shows can we change? What can we work on right now? Dave has a few ideas that he and Paul talk through.
Then it’s time to talk about mixing your streams, and whether streaming is the right thing for you versus record-and-release.
Listen as your two favorite weekend warriors talk about how they played this weekend and what they did!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 252 – Monday, April 13, 2020
- 00:01:29 Staggering mic placement for visual paths (GD 3/27/88)
- 00:07:53 Some thoughts on live mixes (ref. Diggin’ on James Brown from GG250)
- 00:14:43 Adding Delay to match amp distance.
- 1ms per foot.
- 00:20:59 Did You Play This Weekend?
- 00:21:51 How do you mix your stream?
- 00:52:29 GG 252 Outtro
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 53:21 — 37.7MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More