Whether it’s you or someone you play with, you’ve almost certainly got to deal with the juggling act of playing in multiple bands. How do you handle schedule conflicts? What’s the best policy for you to have? Then it’s on to how you choose and learn songs in your band. Paul and Dave certainly have thoughts to share about this! They’ve also got some tricks and tips to share, too, about highlighting the tip jar in creative ways and dealing with those crazy nights when the weather feels like another member of the band. Press play and enjoy!
- 00:00:00 GigGab 130 – Tueday, Sept 5, 2017
- 00:00:49 Weather-related low-attendance
- 00:04:06 Those “we’re all in this together” kind of gigs
- 00:07:15 Tweaking songs you’ve played for years
- 00:11:20 Walter Becker RIP, and a Steely Dan discussion
- 00:18:40 Rob-Juggling Multiple Bands
- 00:29:46 Handling Marquee Nights
- 00:32:13 Having a depth chart to buffer scheduling conflicts
- 00:36:16 When booking a private party, ask for people’s preferences
- 00:37:26 A trick to reference the tip jar
- 00:40:05 Rob-Who Chooses The Songs?
- pK’s Words of Wisdom: “You get more from the buy-in than you do from the control”
- 00:46:14 How do you learn songs?
- 00:55:06 GG Outtro